Which Smoothies Will Benefit You?
Every substantial smoothie contains two main ingredients: fruit and/or vegetables (often frozen) and a liquid, such as water, milk, fruit juice, or vegetable juice. Other possible options can include yogurt, nut butter, seeds, spices, herbs, and many more.
Usually, recipes can be tweaked to meet different dietary requirements or tastes, and these smoothies can be a perfect solution for those lacking in the nutrition department.
The great thing is that you can think you’re getting away with an extra dessert since smoothies look and taste like milkshakes. What’s even better is that you can combine the recipe to fit your many needs in a hassle-free way!
And even though they’re a quick and easy breakfast or snack that you can make and take with you as you run out to take care of errands, they can also be made to pack a nutritional punch if you don’t have time for dieting!
Depending on what ails you, you can create smoothies that improve your mood, give you extra energy, help boost your brainpower, and so many other health issues. Here’s a collection of 8 smoothies for good health to help you with whatever problems you may be having.
Get your blender ready, because these smoothie recipes will make your life so much easier!
Mango and Orange Smoothie
If you’re looking lagging during the day and you’ve already had your fair share of coffee, this is the perfect juicy option. Get the ingredients below and give them a swirl in your blender for a much-needed energy boost.
- 3/4 cup of Mango: This is the king of fruits because it’s loaded with vitamin B and C, calcium, potassium, zinc, folate, and proteins for energy.
- 1 Juiced Orange: These fruits are a powerhouse for energy and vitamin C. They contain phosphorus, minerals, and fibers for healthy body functioning.
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt: It’s full of Vitamin B12, which is necessary for energy and healthy brain function
2 Dates: A serving of dates contains 31 grams of carbs, making them an energy powerhouse.
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon: This will improve sensitivity to the hormone Insulin, one of the critical hormones regulating metabolism and energy.
- 1 tbsp Agave: They have fructans and saponins for anti-inflammation.
Put all of your ingredients in a blender and blend until the smoothie is to your liking. Add ice for desired smoothness.
Boost Your Immunity
There are three main ways to protect your immune system: Eating a healthy diet, Exercising, and Getting enough sleep. And while we can’t help you with the sleeping part, we can make a few suggestions on eating a healthy diet. Blueberries possess one of the highest amounts of antioxidants out of all fruits.
- ½ cup Blueberries: They contain a flavonoid called anthocyanin, an antioxidant that can help boost your immune system. Berries are loaded with vitamins C and A, potassium, dietary fiber, and manganese.
- ½ cup Pineapple: This is the ultimate natural cold fighter because it has the anti-inflammatory enzyme bromelain, which helps boost your immune system and fights against colds and flu in the wintertime.
- 1 Banana: They contain Vitamin C to help bodies fight infections, along with B6 and Magnesium
- ½ cup Kefir or Greek Yogurt: This is a great natural source of Vitamin B12, which contributes to the normal process of your immune system.
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter: This butter is rich in Vitamin E, along with omega-3 fatty acids, plant sterols, and L-arginine.
- 1 tbsp Reishi Powder: Reishi is the king of Traditional Chinese Medicine. It’sIt’s packed with antibacterial, antiviral properties and zinc, perfect for battling the common cold and flu and building a robust immune system.
- 2 tbsp Oats: This is one of the healthiest grains you can eat. It contains selenium and zinc, two essential nutrients for warding off infection.
- 1 tbsp Honey: Honey is known for its antimicrobial properties and is used as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial agent.
- 1 tsp Ginger: It has powerful antiviral and antibacterial properties. It’sIt’s a great antioxidant-rich food that can help combat inflammation and keep your immune system healthy.
Put all of these ingredients in a blender, and mix until smooth. For a thicker consistency, add ice and blend again.
This healthy smoothie boosts your daily dose of anti-inflammatory foods. You can fight inflammation from the inside out by concentrating on foods that have anti-inflammatory enzymes: foods like tomatoes, olive oil, leafy greens, fruits and berries, citrus, fish rich in omega-three fatty acids, ginger, garlic, and turmeric. More specifically, tart cherries, pineapple, and lemon because they are super potent in the anti-inflammatory department.
- 1 cup Plain Low-Fat Kefir: It’s high in protein and probiotics that help reduce inflammation and even contains vitamin D for calcium.
- 1 cup Cherries: Sweet and tart cherries contain antioxidants making them one of the top antioxidant-rich foods for reducing inflammation. They’re also a good source of potassium.
- ½ cup Baby Spinach: They’re rich in vitamin K and help get rid of inflammation.
- ¼ cup Mashed Ripe Avocado: This is an excellent source of healthy monounsaturated fat and antioxidants, dampening your body’s inflammatory response.
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter: It has good sources of vitamin E, which reduces inflammation and the risk of heart disease.
- 1 (1/2 inch) Piece Peeled Ginger: This root has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anticancer properties that boost your general immunity.
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds: They have a high dose of Omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein, making them an anti-inflammatory food.
Place the kefir first into the blender. Put in the rest of your ingredients and puree them until their smooth. Garnish with some more chia seeds in your glass, if desired.
Do you suffer from chronic inflammation? We’ve got the perfect solution! Check out: Eat These 9 Foods to Reduce Inflammation in the Body!
Spicy Berry Smoothie
Consuming this smoothie for breakfast will aid you with your weight loss goals. And this one includes Chaga, which is an amazing appetite suppressant to help you feel full.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt: It’s rich in protein and improves your metabolism.
- 1 cup Strawberries: They’re low in calories, and they are sodium, fat, and cholesterol-free. They are also packed with iron, copper, magnesium, and fiber to help you feel fuller.
- 1 Banana: They’re healthy and nutritious, high in fiber, and low in calories. A banana reduces bloating, controls your appetite, and helps you lose weight.
- 1 tbsp Chaga Powder: This powder is rich in vitamins and minerals. And it includes calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, and phosphorus.
- 1/2 tsp Cumin: Cummin is loaded with antioxidants that can help to remove harmful free oxygen radicals from your body. It’s also a great vitamin A, C, copper, and manganese source.
- 10 Almonds: Almonds contain a chock full of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium, and Vitamin E. They can reduce hunger because they are incredibly satiating.
- Optional: Ice
Mix all of these yummy ingredients in your blender until you achieve a smooth texture. Add Ice for your desired smoothie consistency.
Despite what you might be thinking, TLC stands for: Turmeric, Lemon, and Cloves! Feeling sick is a horrible feeling, especially when you have a sore throat. It can hurt so bad that you don’t even feel like eating. Well, this TLC smoothie is the perfect solution!
- 2 Bananas: These are your perfect source of Vitamin B6 and Magnesium.
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt: It’s a great source of lactobacillus, a probiotic that can help give your immune system a kick and inhibits the growth of any harmful gut bacteria
- ½ cup Coconut Milk: It’s got antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe the pain and irritation of a sore throat
- ½ tsp Turmeric: It’s rich in vitamin C and vitamin B6, contains a potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Turmeric can also help fight infection and has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve the symptoms of cough and cold
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice: It’s great for sore throats because it can help break up mucus and relieve pain. Lemons are also jam-packed with Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
- ½ tsp ground Cloves: They’re full of antioxidants that help your body fight free radicals. They are also a terrific source of manganese, vitamin k, vitamin c, calcium, and magnesium which can help boost your health and immunity
- 1 tsp MCT Oil: This oil can boost your immune system and fights off harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa. It also contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and thermogenic properties
- ½ tsp Ginger: It’s an excellent antioxidant-rich food that can help fight inflammation and keeps your immune system healthy.
- 1½ tbsp Honey: It’s known for its antimicrobial properties and is used as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial agent.
- Optional: Mint
- Optional: Ice
Set all of your ingredients in a blender, and mix until smooth. For a thicker consistency, add ice and mix again. Garnish with mint leaves if desired.
Pineapple Pear Smoothie
17% of the population suffers from constipation. It’s uncomfortable, you experience cramps, and it makes you feel bloated and gassy. And yes, you can easily take a laxative as a safe remedy. But if constipation occurs regularly and you’re still relying on laxatives, these laxatives can lead to serious health issues because they cause electrolyte disturbances, dehydration, and mineral deficiencies. And if they’re used long-term, they can permanently damage the digestive system. So why not try a daily drink that contains fiber, sorbitol, and water?
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk: It might have a laxative effect on you. People have even claimed that it can increase metabolism and help food pass faster through the body.
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt: It contains probiotics that have live bacteria, good for your digestive system, and can help relieve constipation.
- 3 Pineapple Rings: It’s incredible for constipation because it provides lots of fluids and water, helping the stool pass through. Pineapple also has bromelain enzyme, which helps improve your bowel function and controls regularity.
- 1 1/2 Pears: They possess several compounds that improve digestion, including fiber, sorbitol, and fructose.
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil: This oil cleanses your colon and helps restore lost vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. It will also help keep digestive and nutritional diseases in check.
- 1 tsp Hemp Seeds: They’re a valuable source of nutrients that contain insoluble fiber, which adds bulk to your stool and helps food and waste pass through your gut more efficiently.
- Optional: Mint: Mint is full of rich nutrients, fiber, Vitamin A, iron, and manganese. This herb may help relax an upset stomach while moving stool through the intestines.
- Optional: Ice
Toss all the delicious ingredients in your blender and mix well. Add some ice for a thicker texture. You can chop the mint and incorporate it into your drink.
If you’re always feeling constipated, we have some great advice that may help! Check out: Unhealthy Gut? Here Are The 9 Tricky Signs
Kiwi Detox Smoothie
Are you thinking about doing a thorough detox today? Check out this tasty smoothie that will help eliminate toxins from your body, improve your overall health, and promote your weight loss goals. Just blend up this nutrient and antioxidant-filled beverage and help your body stimulate the cleansing process. Because your body can eliminate toxins on its own through the liver, kidneys, digestive system, skin, and lungs, only when these organs are healthy can they effectively do their jobs to eliminate any unwanted substances.
- 2 peeled Kiwi: They’re high in dietary fiber and antioxidants, rich in Vitamin C and B9, and low in calories. They’re very beneficial for your heart health, digestive health, and immunity.
- 1/2 Lemon: We already know that they’re high in Vitamin C, aiding the immune system. They help your body flush out toxins, aid digestion, reduce inflammation, and cleanse your system.
- 5 Celery stalks: Celery is rich in vitamin K. It contains many anti-inflammatory substances that help lower inflammation and support healthy liver function and digestion.
- 1/2 Cucumber: They’re a natural diuretic that helps the body flush out toxins and water. They also help fight inflammation and contain essential vitamins like Vitamins B for stress and Vitamins C for antioxidants.
- 1/2 tsp grounded Ginger: It can cleanse your body by stimulating digestion and circulation. Its digestive actions can cleanse the build-up of waste and toxins in the colon and liver.
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds: They create a gelatinous effect when added to water or digested, and they cleanse your insides by collecting toxins on their way out.
- 2 tbsp chopped Parsley: Parsley is wealthy in chlorophyll, which improves detoxification and supports weight loss.
- Optional: Ice
Include all of these healthy ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Add ice if desired.
Apple Smoothie for Better Focus
Research shows that when you consume apple juice, it increases the production of neurotransmitters in your brain, improving your focus and memory. And if you were to add some Chaga into the mix, then you’ve got yourself an excellent energy-boosting smoothie.
- 2 Apples: They’re an excellent source of slow-release energy, and they contain vitamin B, C, and potassium to give you that much-needed growth.
- 1 Banana: These are the best foods to consume for energy. They’re an excellent source of carbs, potassium, and vitamin B6, all of which help boost energy levels in your body.
- 1 1/2 cup frozen Broccoli: This green veggie contains Vitamin K and sulforaphane, which helps to strengthen and improve your cognitive abilities. It also has Choline which helps improve your memory.
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice: Lemons are amazing detoxifiers and will cleanse your blood, liver, and kidneys, which means they increase your energy levels.
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk: This milk is packed with vitamin E and magnesium, and it contains lots of protein for sustained energy.
- 2 chopped Dates: A serving of power-packed dates contains 31g of carbohydrates, making them a powerhouse of energy.
- 1 tsp Chaga Powder: This Energy King is rich in fiber and essential nutrients, including vitamin D, iron, magnesium, potassium, manganese, and calcium. It’s also been proven to fight inflammation, lower blood sugar, reduce blood pressure, alleviate arthritis, and prevent or slow down the advancement of cancer.
- Optional: Ice
We suggest you blend the almond milk and broccoli first. Then add the rest of your yummy ingredients and mix until their smooth. Add ice at your discretion in order to reach your desired smoothie consistency.
Give these deliciously healthy smoothies a try, and watch your ailments disappear! If you DO happen to give them a try, make sure to let us know of your progress in the comments section below!
And if you liked our article about smoothies, you should check out: Are You Getting Enough Vitamin B6? Here Are 5 Important Benefits